Monday, March 12, 2007

#19 (Week 8) Library Thing

I really like this tool, and I can see how libraries short on cataloging staff might use this service. It is great for building a bibliography. You need to be careful in selecting Amazon, as you will not find most academic books. I added five books that I use regularly in my research, and I will go back to this service. The tagging system is also interesting, though, I am not sure that it would that useful for me, but if I shared my list, certainly it could be. Most of the books were held by 5 or so users, but every academic library in the U.S. has copies. This might be a good service to show students, and give them an assignment to share book reviews in electronic format.

here is my link to my library

http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=danellemoon

No comments: