Friday, March 2, 2007

#13 (Week 6)

I completed the review of Del.icio.us, actually I tried it out at the beginning of this program. I registered for an account and today created my first bookmark/tags. I think this tool is interesting and I could see how libraries might offer this type of technology to patrons using our computers in the building, especially for those who do not own a personal computer or lack Internet access. Patrons could login to their accounts and view and save their bookmarks. The question is would the library enforce a particular policy for what type of websites could be browsed--censor the use of this program?

I am not convinced that I would use this tool in my unit or do I see how it is better than my current bookmark program. Seems to be another extra unnecessary step, at least for bookmarking. The tagging feature is the most interesting, and could be useful for subject pages, where you want to reinforce the subject terms for individual resources and so forth.

No comments: